Club rules members need to abide by
Whether it is about our fishing venues
or trespassing, all members of Albrighton Anglers agree to abide by our club rules.
1. The club will be known as Albrighton Anglers Limited (“The club”).
2. The club is not responsible for any damage, injury or loss of life.
3. Committee meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month. A committee will be elected at the Annual General Meetings and individual committee members shall serve for a period of two years.
4. Annual subscriptions shall be paid on or before the Annual General Meeting.
5. Any member owing money shall not be allowed to re-join until that money is repaid.
6. All members are expected to attend two work parties per year. Failure to do so may result in termination of membership. Junior, Senior and Disabled members are exempt.
7. Junior members must be accompanied by an adult at all times, who will be responsible for their safety and conduct.
8. Membership cards must be carried at all times whilst on club waters.
9. Members shall be in possession of a current fishing licence, and the conditions of that licence must be complied with.
10. All members shall conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner at all times.
11. No litter, line, bait, containers are to be left on the waters at any time. No fires, guns, radios, bathing, picnics or camping are allowed. Any member found to be leaving litter on any club venue shall be expelled from the club.
12. A maximum of two rods are allowed on the club’s waters at any one time.
13. Members shall only fish one peg at a time. Members must allow free passage to all anglers, and members of the public where applicable.
14. Any member leaving his peg shall be deemed to have vacated it, thus enabling another member to fish that peg.
15. Only regulation keep nets should be used on club waters (where permitted). Fish to be returned as soon as possible.
16. Club contests are to be held on the first Sunday of each month.
17. Members are not allowed to night fish, with the exception of the night syndicate membership.
18. No member must leave their peg without removing their line bait from the water, as this constitutes leaving a rod unattended.
19. All fish to be returned to the water as soon as possible. No carp are to be retained in keep nets (with the exception of club-organised contests).
20. No fish are to be removed or added to any water without prior permission, which includes the transfer of any fish for live baiting.
21. All information (where possible) will be transmitted via the “News Reels” newsletter. It is up to each member to read this information.
22. No member shall contact or pass information to estate owners or their manager without prior permission from the committee.
23. No member shall pass information to the press or media without prior permission from the committee.
24. No trespassing on any area of estates where the club has no permitted access to.
25. All club members are deemed as club bailiffs and should carry out card checks on all other anglers at Albrighton Anglers waters.
26. Members must ensure that gates are closed upon entry and exit from all club venues, and that the entry code is not left on combination locks. Members must never disclose entry codes.
27. Members must ensure that they park only in designated parking areas (see handbook).
28. The committee reserve the right to alter any of these rules at any time and will notify members accordingly.
29. Any member failing to observe these rules may be bought before the management committee and may be expelled from the club.
THE USE OF KEEPNETS IN CLUB WATERS
Unless under the auspices of engaging in an OFFICIAL club competition the following rules apply to the use of keepnets on all our club waters…
NO CARP nor PIKE to be kept in keepnets at any venue, at any time….
Venue Specific Information
Keepnets ARE NOT allowed at any time on these venues:
o Oak Pool
o Lilleshall Pools
o Woodgate Cottage Pools
Keepnets ARE allowed at any time on these venues:
o Barlow’s Pool
o Shropshire Union Canal, Wheaton Aston
o River Severn, Eardington
o River Severn, Shrewsbury
Keepnets ARE allowed ONLY within the months of NOVEMBER to FEBRUARY inclusive at these venues:
o Gunstone Hall
o Kingswood Pool
If you do wish to use a keepnet, when allowed, then please do so responsibly by:
• Ensuring that it is of good size with soft mesh
• Ensuring that it is properly immersed and stretched to allow the fish maximum freedom of movement and access to as water as deep as possible to ensure the fish are not unduly stressed, especially in bright hot weather.
• Keep an eye on the fish contained and be prepared to release in the event of distress being seen.
• Not overcrowding the net.
• Returning fish to the water in as gentle a manner as possible at the end of your session.
CARP FISHING RULES
1. All club members and guests must have a current Environment Agency Rod licence and club card or guest ticket with them at all times, when night fishing night permits must be shown upon request. Anyone failing the above will be asked to leave immediately.
2. Barbless hooks only, no fix leads, carp safe lead clips only.
3 .All members to have their own landing nets (minimum of 36") and Unhooking mats all to be of decent standard. Anyone failing to have these will be asked to leave immediately.
4. Rods with line in the water must never be left unattended. To protect birds and wildlife all bait should be removed from the hook when not in the water.
5. All fish must be returned to the water as soon as possible after unhooking to cause minimum amount of stress and harm, no sacking of fish at anytime.
6. Thieves will be prosecuted
7. Please take your litter home leave pegs clean and tidy. no camp fires
8. Maximum of two rods per angler.
9. No member to pass information to any other body without committee approval.
10. All members to conduct themselves in a sportsman's like manor at all times. Please be courteous to all members.
11. Any member failing to observe these rules will be bought before the club committee and may be expelled.
12. Excessive Drinking not allowed
13. Any member bringing a junior member (under 16 years) or guest who is under 16 years old must fish the next or same peg.
14. No junior members will be allowed to night fish.
15. Always book on the water when night fishing
16. Bailiffs decision is final.
FISH AND WILDLIFE WELFARE IS THE PRIORITY TO ALL MEMBERS
PIKE FISHING RULES
1. LARGE UNHOOKING MATS MUST BE USED
2. ALL PIKE ANGLERS MUST HAVE LANDING NETS OF NOT LESS THAN 36”
3. ALL ANGLERS MUST HAVE LARGE FORCEPS, LONG NOSED PLIERS AND CUTTERS
4. NO GAGS OR GAFFS
5. CRUSHED BARBS OR BARBLESS HOOKS ONLY
6. MAIN LINE TO BE A MINIMUM 15LB, WIRE TRACES 20LB MINIMUM
7. PIKE/CARP RODS WITH A MINIMUM TEST CURVE OF 2.5LB MUST BE USED
8. NO PIKE TO BE KILLED OR REMOVED FROM CLUB WATERS
9. NO LIVE FISH TO BE TRANSFERED TO OR FROM CLUB WATERS. IT IS UNLAWFUL AND DANGEROUS TO FISH STOCK. YOU CAN BE FINED OVER £1000 BY THE EA.
10. ONLY FROZEN DEAD BAITS TO BE BROUGHT TO CLUB WATERS
11. PIKE ANGLER MUST HAVE AN EFFECTIVE INDICATOR SYSTEM THAT REGISTERS DROP-BACK BITES WHEN LEDGERING
12. ANGLERS (UNDER 16 YEARS) MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN EXPERIENCED PIKE ANGLER WHO MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS
FINALLY IF YOU DON’T CONSIDER FISH WELFARE AN ISSUE AND CAN NOT FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE RULES THEN PLEASE DO NOT FISH FOR PIKE.